Upcoming 2014 Public Classes:
New York City, NY - May 19/20 (CSM)
Boston, MA - May 22/23 (CSM)
Atlanta, GA - June 16/17 (CSM)
For information on classes or to arrange private classes for your group or company, send an email by clicking here.
CSM Training by Jim Schiel, CST
Between consulting, coaching, and training, Jim Schiel tends to keep a low-profile in the Agile world. Our primary, and most requested Agile trainer, Jim spends about 60% of his time in the classroom with new and experienced students and the other 40% with customers, helping them learn how to leverage agile practices and frameworks to achieve a level of agility that improves product quality and his customers' bottom lines. As a agile coach, Jim has been fortunate to learn from some of the very best in the field of Agile Development when "Agile" was still young. He continues to apply those learnings with his students and customers every day. Jim is one of the very first CSTs, having earned the certification in 2005 from Ken Schwaber. Since then, he has taught almost 200 CSM and CSPO classes for nearly 3,300 students. Comments from Jim's students are in various locations on this web site, but here's one...
“[Jim] is one of those unique individuals capable of combining textbook theory with real-world experience in order to effectively convey Agile Methodologies. I thoroughly enjoyed his style of training and any company would benefit from Jim's expertise, sense of humor, and dedication.”
Let Jim Schiel show you how the Scrum framework and Agile Development concepts can be used to make your customers happier, your product more valuable, and your developers more productive. Contact us for help with class schedules, pricing, and availability.
Artisan Software Consulting is a proud sponsor of...
Artisan Software Consulting Books
Check out the "ScrumMaster Study Guide" by Jim Schiel. Examining the questions most commonly asked by students attending Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) classes, this book provides an accessible introduction to the concepts of Scrum and Agile Development. It compile the insights gained by the author in teaching more than 100 CSM classes and countless seminars.
Describing how to sell agile development to upper management and customers, the book illustrates real-world implementation of agile development, addressing the roles and responsibilities of each team member as well as some of the things that can go wrong in an implementation.
For more information on Artisan Software Consulting Books, click here.
Now you can actually purchase our books from this website!! Click here to access our store.
"The points on product backlog grooming have helped sprint planning tremendously. Also the information on splitting stories and how to handle bugs...have really helped move us forward. I would have considered this impossible a year ago.... The customers have loved the increased interaction and ability to drive the product functionality, the [developers] have really enjoyed and thrived with their new-found empowerment, and we all have enjoyed [delivering a] high-quality product!"
Scrum & Agile Training
If you're looking for high quality Agile Development and Scrum training, we have a selection of courses, from classes that provide Scrum Alliance certification to more advanced classes on estimation, release planning, and management in an Agile environment -- just to name a few.