The Scrum Team
The Scrum Team is the heart and soul of Scrum. It is a collaborative group of people, usually between five and nine individuals, who, collectively, possess most (if not all) of the skills needed to perform the tasks that the team is expected to perform. The team discusses the work they have to do (as defined by the Product Backlog), decides how much work they believe they can do from the Product Backlog each Sprint, and then organizes themselves around their work in order to get it done as effectively and efficiently as they are able.
- Follow the Scrum process - Be at daily Scrums and all meetings ON TIME!
- Work with your team members
- If someone needs help, help them
- There’s no such thing as “not my job.”
- Follow organization policies
- Ask questions if you think a policy is wrong
- Abide by decisions regarding policy questions
- Be innovative
- Look for ways to write better code, design, documentation, training materials,... with less effort
- Look for ways to create a better product
- Add new ideas or issues you’ve discovered to the Product Backlog
- Stay focused on your Sprint Goals & Commitments
- Negotiates the Sprint goal and specifies tasks
- Organizes itself and its work
- Demos work results to the Product Owner and other Stakeholders
- Protect and defend DONEness with regard to the product by always ensuring that DONEness is complied with.
- Obey existing standards and policies; challenge where necessary.
- Participate in all team discussions, even when you think you have nothing to offer.
- You are required to render estimation decisions during Backlog Grooming, even if you don't know the backlog item (make a best guess).
- Do not wait for someone to make a decision - offer your solution and/or decision to the team and try to get consensus.
- Has the technical skills needed to do the job
- Understands and support Scrum and Agile Development
- Open and honest in communications
- Can assess and support peer development
- Shows respect and trust for others
- Focused on product quality and customer satisfaction